Top 10 Insurance Claim Tips
Great claim advice from United Policyholders at uphelp.org
Being Prepared is Smart and Easy.
- Be pro-active in the claim process.
- You’re not on a level playing field when you’re dealing with an insurance claim.
- Think of your insurance claim as a business negotiation—you’re dealing with a for-profit company.
- Give your insurance company a chance to do the right thing, but don’t mistake a friendly representative for a friend.
- Document and support your claim with proof, details and estimates.
- Present clear requests in writing that explain what you need, when you need it, and why you’re entitled to it.
- Don’t pad or exaggerate your claim.
- Don’t sign legal documents without consulting with a qualified attorney.
- Try to resolve problems informally but complain in writing, go up the chain of command and/or use government agency help when necessary.
- Get specialized professional help when you need it.
© 2015 United Policyholders. The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice.